Customer service is one of the key ingredients in building a successful business. Exceptional customer service makes customers feel valued and respected. Providing excellent customer service will cost your business extra resources and time. However, it helps you stand out among your competitors, get positive reviews, and encourage your existing customers to buy from you again.
Giving your customers the chance to speak to real human beings creates the emotional connection necessary to capture and retain them. Surveys show that acquiring new customers is six times more expensive than retaining existing ones. Exceptional customer service entails providing support and advice to people who use your products or services.
At de Haro Group, providing personal customer service is of vital importance to us. Most companies today have automated customer service through digital channels and chatbots. This denies customers the human element that is crucial in making customers feel welcomed and valued.
Surveys show that by 2020, 80% of customer services will be provided through automated systems without human interactions. Furthermore, 50% of customers have indicated that they would buy from a competitor after bad customer experience. You don’t want your business to lose customers because of a negative experience.
Do you think you have good customer service? If not, don’t worry read on because, in this article, we share with you the importance of good customer service.
Excellent customer service is important because:
- It creates customer loyalty
- It helps you acquire and retain customers. Retaining customers is cheaper than acquiring new ones
- Good customer service improves the image of your business and strengthens the reputation of your brand
- Positive reviews from your previous customers are the most effective form of advertising that money can’t buy
- An excellent customer service conveys the moral and the belief in your company’s mission
- It can open doors to new opportunities and partnerships in your industry
- Good customer service extends the life of any business.
Studies have shown that 84% of organizations that invest resources in improving customer service have reported a growth in revenue. Moreover, 69% of customers who have had a positive experience, have indicated that they would recommend the company to others. Recommendation helps you beat your competitors because people trust their friends.
So, what can you do to improve customer service?
- Treat all your customer with respect. This entails listening to their grievances and responding with consideration
- Understand the needs and wants of your customers
- If you make promises to your customers, make sure you act on them
- Overdeliver, go beyond the expectation of your customers
- Do more to address the needs of your customers.
Globalization and technological developments have made modern markets competitive than ever. Companies that only focus on making profits will definitely lose customers and close. In the business world, they say “the customer is always right.” However, most businesses don’t live by this mantra.
Our company helps your business implement all the strategies to capture and retain customers discussed above. Partnering with the de Haro Group Design & Creative Agency will help your company offer customer service that creates happy returning customers.